Some members of Sodipodi programming team decided to use its source to create a complete SVG editor in conformity with XML, SVG, and CSS2 standards.
Thus it is not a scission with Sodipodi but a kind of fork with completely different aims from Sodipodi project:
- If you wish to use a key-in-hand vectorial drawing tool, Sodipodi remains the best choice.
- If you wish to specialize yourself in SVG, it is Inkscape that you need.
We however note, since Inkscape birth, a much important reactivity in Sodipodi project.
With last version, many proper functions are available whose majority are:
- about interface (command menus and features organization),
- character sets
- and the new color ranges editor (a splendid one).
Also note very beautiful and complete tutorials and help (written in SVG, of course).
Inkscape is available in several languages but settings seems to be available only on Linux or BSD operating systems, thus not for MS Windows for which only english version seems to be available due to the lack of access to languages settings by a shell (shell is a Posix standard feature and not a MS Windows one)
Thus to change language when using on Linux or BSD systems, you’ve got to change setting about the LANGUAGE data.
By example for French, type in a shell :
To avoid to redo this operation each time you need Inkscape (and supposing that you ordinary work with a non-English version), create an "alias":
- with Bash, add in your hidden file
/.bashrcthe following line:
alias inkscape="LANGUAGE=fr_FR inkscape"
- then, if type
source .bashrc, inkscape will be launched in your language choice.
Sur le Framablog
- Disque externe hfs en lecture seule
- Problème de couleur
- Changer la langue d'un clavier sous xubuntu
- LibreOfficePortable : décimales
- au sujet de mon netbook gdium
- framabag certificat SSL revoqué
- rendre vierge ma clé
- Soumettre une notice pour un logiciel dont on est l'auteur
- Blender - Projet Gooseberry
Juste une image
- No title
- Creative Commons BY