Who we are...
And a bit of our story...
Framasoft was originally created by a man. It didn’t just pop up from the Internet. It’s from a human being...
Once upon a time, in France, there was a math Lycée teacher  who ran a page on an educational Intranet...
Day after day, month after month, this page grew until it became public.
Its main contributor left France for Italy. He now lives in Rome where he teaches math . As a community grew around this site, community members began to localize Framasoft.
How did a personal Intranet page become this website?
Well, this math teacher  didn’t write about his kids, pets or "normal" subjects, he liked to write about Free software - Free software in keeping with the Free Software Foundation philosophy.
Framasoft is, therefore, intended to be a Free software directory . To facilitate matters for newbies in the unexplored world of Free software, articles must be well documented.
So, visit and enjoy this strong community, but also help out by:
- spreading the word,
- translating, or updating existing articles,
- writing new articles,
- forum posting,
- bringing to our attention any misprints or typos.
 Lycée is a French equivalent of a north American high school.
 Naturally, he is still our webmaster.
 Alexis Kauffmann, on Framasoft aka... “aKa”
 And sometime for freeware too, when nothing really fits the need.
Why Framasoft? Well, at the very beginning of this story, there was also a French language teacher participating who oriented the original page more toward French language and math softwares. Framasoft is an acronym for:
Currently this website has a larger aim, but name remains unchanged.
Sur le Framablog
- Disque externe hfs en lecture seule
- Problème de couleur
- Changer la langue d'un clavier sous xubuntu
- LibreOfficePortable : décimales
- au sujet de mon netbook gdium
- framabag certificat SSL revoqué
- rendre vierge ma clé
- Soumettre une notice pour un logiciel dont on est l'auteur
- Blender - Projet Gooseberry
Juste une image
- Luck is Near at The Fountain of Wealth, Suntec City – Singapore
- Creative Commons BY-SA