Presentation of Framasoft
These projects are run by people working together with the same desire: promote digital freedoms.
Respect for the fundamental freedoms of users, guaranteed by legal contracts (the free licenses), is at the heart of the librist movement and ensures that the human remains in control of the digital tool.
The Framasoft’s goal is to offer, mainly online, a set of concrete and practical tools to facilitate adoption:
- of free software (directory, USB sticks, installer…);
- of free cultural creations (blog, translation, publishing house…);
- of free services (more than 30 free services in the project De-google-ify Internet).
Presented as a "gateway to the Free World", the network Framasoft wants to position itself as a bridge between the librarian community and the general public.
The Framasoft association
The network Framasoft relies on its large community of volunteers but could not exist if it wasn’t supported by an association founded in 2004.
The Framasoft association is a 1901 non-profit association whose character of general interest authorizes a tax deduction. Which shows its willingness to stay an association on a human scale (less than forty members, less than ten permanent staff)
You will find below some information including our statutes, the rules of procedure and the annual moral reports.
Administrative and practical data
- Legal form
- Association law of 1901, recognized of general interest
- Benjamin Jean, Sandra Guigonis, Christelle Thomas, Fredéric Urbain
- Director and Managing Director
- Pierre-Yves Gosset
- 8 employees
- Lyon, France
- Association supporting free and contributing projects
- Full identification
- See the file
- Charter of the association and its services
- Moral reports
- 2017 : Financial report (activity report in progress)
- 2016 : Financial report (activity report in progress)
- 2015 : Financial report
- 2014 : Income statement
- 2013 : Moral and financial report
- 2012 : Moral and financial report
- 2011 : Moral and financial report
- 2010 : Moral and financial report
- 2009 : Moral and financial report
- registration and archives
- Press and media review
- Annual table
- Graphic charter and logos
- on this page
- Alexis Kauffmann, Paul Lunetta, Georges Silva