Presentation of Framasoft
These projects are run by people working together with the same desire: promote digital freedoms.
Respect for the fundamental freedoms of users, guaranteed by legal contracts (the free licenses), is at the heart of the free software movement and ensures that the humans remain in control of their digital tools.
Framasoft’s goal is to offer, mainly online, a set of concrete and practical tools to facilitate adoption:
- of free software (directory, USB sticks, installer…);
- of free cultural creations (blog, translation, publishing house…);
- of free services (more than 30 free services in the project De-google-ify Internet).
Presented as a “gateway to the Free World”, the Framasoft network wants to position itself as a bridge between the free software community and the general public.
Framasoft in 2020
- 37 members and 10 employees
- 33 projects (16 ethical online services)
- 700 contributors
- 12,302 patrons
- 4,000,000 visits per mounth
- 1,284 free resources in our directory
- 2,622 blog posts
- 100 events each year to talk and reach different audiences
The Framasoft association
The network Framasoft relies on its large community of volunteers but could not exist if it wasn’t supported by an association founded in 2004.
The Framasoft association is a 1901 not-for-profit association whose character of general interest authorizes a tax deduction. Which shows its willingness to stay an association on a human scale (less than forty members, less than ten permanent staff)
You will find below some information including our statutes, the rules of procedure and the annual moral reports.
Administrative and practical data
- Legal form
- Association law of 1901, recognized of general interest
- Christelle Thomas, Maïtané Lenoir, Pierre-Yves Thouvenot, Rodolphe Lemétayer
- Pierre-Yves Gosset - Pouhiou
- 10 employees
- Lyon, France
- Association supporting free and contributing projects
- Full identification
- See the file
- Moral reports
- 2020 : Financial report - Activity report
- 2019 : Financial report - Activity report
- 2018 : Financial report - Activity report
- 2017 : Financial report
- 2016 : Financial report
- 2015 : Financial report
- 2014 : Income statement
- 2013 : Moral and financial report
- 2012 : Moral and financial report
- 2011 : Moral and financial report
- 2010 : Moral and financial report
- 2009 : Moral and financial report
- Registration and archives
- Press and media review
- Annual table
- Alexis Kauffmann, Paul Lunetta, Georges Silva