By using this service, you agree to the following terms.
Framasoft reserves the right to update and modify these terms from time to time.
Short version (TL;DR as we say 😉)
To make it easier to read, without the legal blah-blah, we offer you below a version understandable by a normal human being.
We’re nice people:
- Your content belongs to you (and we encourage you to publish it under free license);
- Framasoft will not use your personal data, except for statistical purposes (anonymized) or to notify you of a significant change in the service;
- Framasoft will not transmit or resell your personal data (your privacy is - really - important to us) ;
- The commitments of Framasoft come from an activist approach inspired by the popular education movement, you can find them in our Charter of Free, Ethical, Decentralized and Solidarity Services.
But that doesn’t mean you should think we’re kittens:
- Clause “The law is the law, and we don’t want to end up in jail”: you must respect the law (whether it is well made or silly), otherwise your account will be deleted;
- Clause “Thank you for being polite and respectful with your platform neighbors”: you must respect other users by being civic-minded and politeness. If not, your content, even your account, can be deleted, without negotiation;
- Clause “If it breaks, we are not obliged to repair”: Framasoft offers this service for free. If you lose data, through your fault or ours, sorry, but it happens. We’ll do what we can to get it back, but we assign no obligation of result. In other words, avoid trusting sensitive or important data on Framasoft services, because if they are lost, we do not guarantee their recovery;
- Clause “If you are not happy, you are invited to go elsewhere”: if the service does not suit you, you are free to find some an equivalent (or better) elsewhere, or to install your own;
- Clause “Any abuse will be punished”: if a user abuses the service, for example by monopolizing shared machine resources, or by publishing content considered to be irrelevant, their content or their account can be deleted without warning or negotiation. Framasoft remains the sole judge of this notion of “abuse” in order to provide the best possible service to all its users. If it seems anti-democratic, anti-libristic, anti-free speech to you, please refer to the previous clause;
- Clause “Nothing is eternal”: services can close (for example, because of a lack of funds to maintain them), they can be victims of intrusion (the “100% secure” does not exist). We encourage you to keep a copy of the data that is important to you, because Framasoft can not be held responsible for hosting it forever.
Conditions of service
- Use of the service is at your own risk. The service is provided as is.
- You must not modify another site in order to falsely signify that it is associated with this service Framasoft.
- Accounts can only be created and used by humans. Accounts created by robots or other automated methods may be deleted without notice.
- You are responsible for the security of your account and password. Framasoft can not and will not be responsible for any losses or damage resulting from your failure to comply with this safety obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not break the laws of your country.
- You may not sell, trade, resell, or exploit in an unauthorized business purpose an account of the service used.
Violation of any of these agreements will result in termination of your account. You understand and accept that the Framasoft association cannot be held responsible for the content published on this service.
- You understand that putting the service and your content online involves transmission (in plain text or encrypted, depending on the service) over various networks.
- You must not transmit worms, viruses or any other malicious code.
- Framasoft does not guarantee that
- the service will meet your specific needs,
- the service will be uninterrupted or bug-free,
- that errors in the service will be corrected.
- You understand and agree that Framasoft cannot be held responsible
for any direct, indirect or incidental damages, including damages for loss of
profits, customers, access, data or other intangible losses (even if Framasoft
is informed of the possibility of such damages) and that would result from:
- use or inability to use the service;
- unauthorized or altered access to data transmission;
- statements or actions of a third party about the service;
- cancelling your account;
- any other service related question.
- Questions about the conditions of service should be sent via this contact form.
Modifications of the service
- Framasoft reserves the right, at any time, to modify or interrupt, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice.
- Framasoft will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or interruption of service.
- You cannot send, upload, blog, distribute, disseminate any illegal, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent content, counterfeit, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
- We do not claim any rights on your data: text, images, sound, video, or any other element, that you download or transmit from your account.
- We will not use your content for any purpose other than to provide the service to you.
- You must not download or make available any content that infringes someone else’s rights.
- We reserve the right to remove any content we deem necessary. not relevant to the use of the service, in our sole judgment.
- We may, if necessary, delete or prevent the distribution of any content on the service that does not comply with these conditions.
Editing and data sharing
- The files you create with the service can be - if you wish - read, copied, used and redistributed by people you know or not.
- By making your data public, you acknowledge and agree that any person using this website may consult them without restrictions.
- But the service can also offer you the possibility to authorize restricted access and collaborative work on its documents to one or more other users.
- Framasoft cannot be held responsible for any problem resulting from the sharing or publishing data between users.
Framasoft, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate
your account and refuse any current or future use of the service. Termination
of the service will result in deactivation of access to your account, and the
restitution of all the contents.
Framasoft reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Framasoft also reserves the right to terminate your account if you do not log into your account for a period longer than 6 months.
In accordance with article 34 of the law “Informatique et Libertés”, Framasoft guarantees the user a right to opposition, access and of correction on the personal data concerning him. The user has the possibility to exercise this right by using the contact form available.
- To use certain services Framasoft, you must create an account. Framasoft requests some personal information : a valid email address and a password that is used to protect your account against unauthorized access. The “Last Name” and “First Name” fields may be required for the correct operation of the software, but it is not necessary that they reveal your true identity.
- Just like other online services, Framasoft automatically saves certain information about your use of the service such as account activity (example: storage space occupied, number of entries, measures taken), the data displayed or clicked (example: links, user interface elements), and other information to identify you (example: browser type, IP address, date and time of access, reference URL).
- We use this information internally to improve for you the user interface of the Framasoft services and maintain a consistent and reliable user experience.
- This data is neither sold nor passed on to third parties.
version 1.0.3 of April 11, 2016.